Getting Lotus Approach running on your PC
In the following we are going to install Lotus Smartsuite. It could not be simpler.
- Install Lotus Smartsuite by following this link finding the download options on the right side of the page, clicking on the Windows executable link, and downloading the most recent version in the language of your choice. It will be called something like Lotus SmartSuite 9.8 - Int English.exe
- Check the downloaded files for viruses. There are free virus checkers available: AVG for example.
- Double click on the downloaded file to unpack it
- Install it by clicking on the big file which has .exe at its end. For this tutorial you only need to install Lotus Approach, none of the other software, but WordPro and Organiser are worth playing with.
- Smartsuite should now be installed and visible in the list of installed software. In Windows 8 and 8.1 you may need to click on the Windows key then scroll to the far right of the screen where the new software gets installed.
- Click on the Approach Icon (double click if the Approach icon is on the desktop)
On the next page we will create the database tables, the user interface and enter some information into our tiny but fully functional database.